Join workers and allies in the fight for a better future.
Donate to Warehouse Workers for Justice.
What warehouse workers are up against
Will County is home to the nation’s largest inland port, a key distribution hub for the richest corporations in the world including Walmart, Amazon, Target, Mars Wrigley, and other enormous multinationals. Warehouses serving the port extend across the South Side of Chicago, south suburban Cook County, and the entire Chicago southland.
Without warehouse workers, these companies’ supply chains would fall apart and their profits would vanish. But even as 3.5% of the US GDP flows through the railyards and warehouses of Will County every year, the warehouse workers who make it all possible make poverty wages at precarious jobs and suffer from pervasive discrimination, wage theft, and safety violations.
Join the fight
Warehouse Workers for Justice is fighting with warehouse workers to organize and build power so workers and communities can demand stable jobs, fair wages, and environmental justice from their employers. Your donation will sustain our organizing and advocacy work, including:
- Workplace outreach and worker-led organizing
- COVID-19 support, including access to vaccination, housing assistance, and PPE, as well as advocacy for workers on the city, county, and state level.
- Support for criminal record sealing and expungement, which makes workers less vulnerable to temp agency abuse.
- Legal outreach and connecting workers to free legal services for wage theft, overtime violations, gender and racial discrimination, biometric privacy violation, illegal retaliation for organizing, and other legal issues
- Research on issues that workers face and advocacy to address widespread issues such as racial discrimination in temp hiring.
- Environmental organizing around diesel pollution from warehouse developments and environmental justice for communities
We welcome and appreciate all forms of support and understand that not all allies are able to make a monetary donation. If you’re unable to make a donation, sign up for our newsletter here to stay in touch with WWJ and get alerts about actions, press events, and more.
Make a donation
If you have questions about your donation, please contact us.